From Dennis Dam <d....@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: [vote] new committer
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:53:04 GMT
Thanks David, and everybody who voted for me! This is my first
committership within the Apache community, and I'm really proud to be
part of the Jetspeed team now.

Let me introduce myself a little bit to the people who don't know me. I
am thirty years of age, married (no kids.. yet :) ) and live in
Amsterdam, the capital of The Netherlands. I am working at a Dutch
company called Hippo, also located in Amsterdam, a company that mainly
provides Enterprise Content Management solutions. I've been working
there since June 2004, fresh out of university where I studied Computer
Science. In the first few years I built a lot of websites/intranets
based on another Apache project, Cocoon, and was a part of the HippoCMS
development team. Since November 2006 I became involved in the
development of portal web applications based on Jetspeed. The main
reason for that is a certain guy who came to work for us around that
time ;) Somewhere from about June 2007 I became more active in the
community, because I was getting more and more enthusiastic about the
project, and wanted to contribute instead of merely being a consumer.

I look forward to working with all of you guys, and hope that together
we can make Jetspeed even better than it already is.

regards,
Dennis

PS. Vivek, congratulations as well!