From Ran Harpaz <ipa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with custom-made Database access portlet
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:26:43 GMT

Hello,

I have recently developed a JSR-168 portlet through JDeveloper, which, using
JDBC, pulls data from an Oracle 9.2 Database.

The portlet works when I run it from my PC, but if I try to run it from our
Jetspeed 2.0 server, all I get in the window is the following message:

Portlet is not available
RanDebugPortlets::RedundantDataGatherer
Reason: null

Has anyone here ever encountered this issue? If so, how do I solve it
(preferably without any upgrading of the software, because I work in an
almost air-tight environment, and every major change like that would require
extensive lengths of beauraucracy.

The most important question I have right now (aside from "How do I fix this
as quickly and cleanly as possible") is what does "Reason: null" mean.