From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a Jetspeed plugin for Geronimo
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:49:27 GMT
Thanks David. Comments inline -

Cheers
Prasad.

On 11/3/07, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> On Nov 2, 2007, at 2:45 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
>

> > Questions:
> > ----------------
> > 1. Am I on the right track in getting this portal running on G ?
>
> We would prefer that you work off the 2.1.3-dev branch since that is
> where the new release will be cut from
> I can help getting you all the required jars...

Began working with 2.1.3-dev branch. Ran "mvn" in it and built all the
necessary jars. My G plugins now uses the jetspeed-2.1.3-dev.war built
this.

> > 2. The DEFAULT_AGENT is Mozilla/4.0. Why is it not recognizing my
> > userAgent Mozilla/5.0 ?
> >
> That shouldn't matter, we have an agent record for Mozilla/5.0
>   I think its something else, probably the db connection isn't coming up

My database is Derby. But the DatabasePlatformConfigurator recognizes
my db platform to be Hsqldb. I learnt that OJB 1.0.3 does not support
Derby yet so it returns the default (registry.dtd). . I forcibly tried
to set the platform to be Derby. OJB tries to use PlatformDerbyImpl
and throws a ClassNotFoundException. This is as expected. That class
is found only in db-ojb-1.0.4.jar (which is not yet used by Jetspeed).

Because the DBPlatformConfigurator wrongly detects my platform to be
Hsqldb, I suspect that it is not initializing the tables at all. Hence
during runtime, it cannot find my Mozilla/5.0 userAgent in the
capabilities table.

1) Of the 20+ tables, only PREFS_NODE seems to be been initialized.
How did this get initialized while the others failed ?

2) If I initialize my derby database by populating its tables with the
required data, then would jetspeed use this during runtime ? Or would
it still continue to look for a Hsqldb ?