From "Moynihan, Michael A" <Michael.A.Moyni...@Fmr.com>
Subject Portlet.xml in j2-admin fails validation when installing on WebSphere
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 16:22:49 GMT
I get an error when installing j2-admin from the latest Jetspeed 2.1.3
dev build on WebSphere 6.1.0.9. The portlet.xml for j2-admin fails
validation under WebSphere due to the following portlet entry

<portlet id="CustomConfigModePortlet">
    <portlet-name>CustomConfigModePortlet</portlet-name>
    <display-name>Custom Config Mode Portlet</display-name>
    <description>Provides common custom config mode edit
portlet.</description>

<portlet-class>org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.custom.CustomConfigModePortl
et</portlet-class>
    <init-param>
       <description>This parameter sets the template used in config
mode.</description>
       <name>ConfigPage</name>
       <value>/WEB-INF/view/custom/config-mode.vm</value>
    </init-param>
    <expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache>
    <supports>
      <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
      <portlet-mode>config</portlet-mode>
    </supports>
    <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>

<resource-bundle>org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.custom.resources.CustomCon
figModeResources</resource-bundle>
    <portlet-info>
      <title>Custom Config Mode</title>
      <short-title>Config</short-title>
      <keywords>admin,config,custom</keywords>
    </portlet-info>
 </portlet>

WebSphere expects the description attribute as the first entry within
the portlet tag. Making this change to the portlet.xml file solved the
problem and prevented the following error.

Installing...

If there are enterprise beans in the application, the EJB deployment
process can take several minutes. Please do not save the configuration
until the process completes.

Check the SystemOut.log on the Deployment Manager or server where the
application is deployed for specific information about the EJB
deployment process as it occurs.

ADMA5016I: Installation of j2-admin_war started.

ADMA5067I: Resource validation for application j2-admin_war completed
successfully.

ADMA5058I: Application and module versions are validated with versions
of deployment targets.

ADMA5062W: An error occurred while reusing the existing deployment.xml
file. The original deployment settings are not reused."

ADMA5005I: The application j2-admin_war is configured in the WebSphere
Application Server repository.

ADMA5053I: The library references for the installed optional package are
created.

ADMA5005I: The application j2-admin_war is configured in the WebSphere
Application Server repository.

ADMA5001I: The application binaries are saved in
/vae/JETSPEED/was61/WASINSTANCE1/profiles/base/wstemp/0/workspace/cells/
ws_nodename/applications/j2-admin_war.ear/j2-admin_war.ear

ADMA5005I: The application j2-admin_war is configured in the WebSphere
Application Server repository.

EJPPC0005E: portlet.xml validation caught a SAXException. The Message
was: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with
element 'description'. One of
'{"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd":display-name
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd> ,
"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd":portlet-class
<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd> }' is expected.

ADMA5011I: The cleanup of the temp directory for application
j2-admin_war is complete.

ADMA5014E: The installation of application j2-admin_war failed.
The installation of application j2-admin_war failed.

To work with installed applications, click the "Manage Applications"
button.

Manage Applications

Regards,
Michael