From John Green <john.gr...@goecon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Spring Configuation
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:15:02 GMT
I'm a new poster here but I thought I'd note another open-source project
I've been working with that seems to have addressed at least some of the
same issues with respect to the Spring configuration.  Alfresco uses
spring for it's configuration, and it seems to me that you can replace
just about any service or component.

They have it set up to look into the <Server>/shared/classes.. area for
overrides to internal configuration. They run into issues replacing JSP
and faces components due to their loading mechanisms.

A good example is their Authentication mechanism, which supports a
variety of authentication mechanisms, including the ability to chain
them together.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth...