From lachlan-g <lachlan.garts...@objectconsulting.com.au>
Subject tutorial problems, maven version and dependencies
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 05:00:29 GMT

Hey all,

I've been following the tutorial for the jetspeed-2 portal application with
mixed success.  While the tutorial has been clearly laid out and easy to
follow, when it has come time to actually build the base portal application
with the 'mvn -P tomcat,min' command, I hit something of a wall.

Basically I'm consistently getting a class cast exception around the
dependencies tag in the build xml file used by the ant tasks. (Line 502 of
the /etc/build.xml for archetype version 2.1.2).

Interestingly, this also occurs in a different build.xml when I perform a
base 'mvn' or  'mvn package' build also at the dependencies tag (line 70 of
/portal/build.xml for archetype version 2.1.2).

A further bit of investigation shows that if I perform the dirty hack of
removing the dependencies tag and creating a hard coded fileset, my example
portal compiles fine.  This all leads me to think that the problem is
somewhere in my version computability or some such.

Does anybody have any suggestions on a less dirty and more permanent
solution?

Cheers
Lach