From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: PSML refering systemwide files?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:46:34 GMT

On Oct 12, 2007, at 5:26 AM, BTH wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to store page metadata like "title" and the specific language
> variants in a single global file to increase the flexibility when
> it comes
> to changes in the portal.

The title comes from the page. If you don;t supply a title element
then it uses the actual page name (without .psml)
This would have to be an enhancement. I think it is a valid request

> Plus I want the user pages to depent on user roles - with the
> ability of
> dynamic changes.

Thats vague, but you can put <role> constraints on both folders and
pages in page.security like:

   <security-constraints-def name="admin">
     <security-constraint>
       <roles>admin</roles>
       <permissions>view, edit, edit_defaults</permissions>
     </security-constraint>
   </security-constraints-def>
   <global-security-constraints-ref>admin</global-security-
constraints-ref>

and then reference it on a page or folder
   <security-constraints>
     <security-constraints-ref>public-view</security-constraints-ref>
   </security-constraints>

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software