From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: JS2-590 related
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:28:53 GMT
On Oct 12, 2007, at 1:47 PM, Sie, Yang wrote:

> Hello David:
>
> From all versions that I ran myself (on Tomcat). I didn't see that
> issue
> happen. Our production system uses JS2.1 om WAS 6.1 and it is hard to
> get that many people to test this random issue on a different version.
> If you could please shed some lights on where to look when this
> problem
> happens, that will be helpful and I can probably study the code to see
> what might have gone wrong. I remember this issue existing around
> Jetspeed 2.0 (we didn't have lot of users at that time) and some one
> from your end did some patch but it seems the problem still exists,
> especially when we have many users.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ---Yang

Well it appears the update makes its way into the database, but it is
not always updating a cache.
It must be something in the session, as you said, when you logout and
log back in, it shows up
You could try clearing this:

     public static final String PORTAL_SITE_SESSION_CONTEXT_ATTR_KEY
= "org.apache.jetspeed.portalsite.PortalSiteSessionContext";

session.removeAttribute(PORTAL_SITE_SESSION_CONTEXT_ATTR_KEY);

after updating the page from the customizer
(LayoutPortlet.addPortletToPage())

I don't see this as a solution so much as a validation to the site
cache not being updated under load