From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: xbean spring experiments
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:54:54 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

>> David,
>>
>> I've just tried it out, applying your patch to the current trunk.
>> As our test cases, in particular those for jetspeed-security and
>> jetspeed-portal, make use of the spring assemblies, the xbean spring
>> changes should be able to be tested for those components, e.g running
>> mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=false from within those sub project folders.
>>
>> It doesn't yet work though...
>>
>> For one, I'm puzzled by the purpose of the new jetspeed-xbean-spring
>> component (which fails to build).
>
> It collects all the source jars together and generates the schema for
> the components so all the components are in the same namespace.

I expected something like that :)

One worry though: what about circular dependencies?
I notice this new jetspeed-xbean-spring currently depends on both the jetspeed-security and
jetspeed-portal (-sources) artifacts.
But, the test cases of both those dependent projects in turn depend on xbean configuration.
If the resulting artifact of jetspeed-xbean-spring is needed for running the test cases, we're
facing circular deps again...
I had a hard time getting rid of a similar problem with our database/schema initialization
and seeding setup (through jetspeed-serializer),
but after that problem gone, I'd rather not see a similar problem coming back again...