From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Further Jetspeed-2 development plans
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:54:41 GMT
OK, one more idea :-)

Jetspeed could have an expressive schema for its spring configuration
file(s) using xbean-spring.  Activemq and servicemix are the main
users of this today.  What you do is:

-- annotate your spring "beans" with javadoc style psuedo-annotations
-- run the maven xbean spring plugin to generate one or more schemas
for the configuration (plus some other configuration metadata files,
and documentation).
-- write the spring configuration in the language defined by the schema
-- change one line in the spring startup stuff.

Here's a link...
http://geronimo.apache.org/xbean/custom-xml.html

This is pretty easy to do.  I converted the apache directory spring
config file to xbean spring in a couple of days, including figuring
out how xbean spring works and extending it to deal with lots of
source modules.

this does pretty much depend on a working (i.e. maven 2) build :-)
(sorry, couldn't resist)

As far as the m2 build goes....

I'm not sure that it's a good idea to insist that current portal m1
and m2 customization procedures continue to work unmodified. I would
prefer to have as a goal that they are easier to understand and use
and are less coupled to the actual jetspeed build.

thanks
david jencks

<giant snip>