From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Loading role specific PSML
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:31:41 GMT
Hi Ramesh,

On 6/27/07, ramesh lh <rameshlh@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I want load PSMLs based on selected role. How can i do this in jetspeed 2.1?

You have two options,

1. You can set your users profiling rule to role-fallback. The
profiling rule key to use is 'page'. Then put all the psml files in
the _role/yourRoleDirectory

2. You can add a security constraint to each the psml files specifying the role.

    <security-constraints>
        <security-constraints-ref>yourRoleDef</security-constraints-ref>
    </security-constraints>

A security constraint is defined in the page.security file as follows,

  <security-constraints-def name="yourRoleDef">
    <security-constraint>
      <roles>yourRole</roles>
      <permissions>view</permissions>
    </security-constraint>
  </security-constraints-def>

I use the first option if the admin user will be creating roles and
pages often. And the second option if your roles are rarely change.
There are also some admin portlets that let you change permissions and
constraints using a web interface.

Philip

--
Philip Donaghy
Apache Portals (portals.apache.org) PMC member