From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed with multi language supports
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:03:56 GMT

On Jun 15, 2007, at 5:40 AM, suhas kulkarni wrote:

> hello,
>
> I have installed Jetspeed2.1 installer with mysql database.
> How can we implement multiligual support on jetspeed?
> Here I found jetspeed support some language. after we select, it
> changes
> lables of portlet like login, portlal selector, user home, etc.
> I want to change portlet depand upon language changes.
> How can we do this?

The Portlet API provides you with runtime language information with a
standard Java locale:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/portlet-api/javax/portlet/
PortletRequest.html#getLocale()

Additionally, you should program your JSPs or Java to use Java
Resource bundles
For example, to get a localized String in a portlet:

<fmt:message key="localeselector.locales"/>

Finally, your deployment descriptor (portlet.xml) can state which
languages are supported:

     <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
     <supported-locale>ja</supported-locale>
     <resource-
bundle>org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.security.resources.LoginResources</r
esource-bundle>