From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed WAP support problems
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:24:39 GMT

On Jun 14, 2007, at 6:08 AM, suhas kulkarni wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I have installed jetspeed2.1 installer with mysql database. I want
> to access
> my webportal from mobile.
> But i get "unknown file format" when i accessing web portal from
> mobile.
>
> does jetspeed2.1 installer support WAP?
> or do I need to any configuration for accessing webportal from
> mobile.?
>
> please suggest..
>
> Thanks,

We haven't been testing a whole lot on WAP devices. In fact the demo
portal doesn't even have WML media type examples or page decorators
I suggest adding a new folder under WEB-INF/pages/_user/guest/
_mediatype/wml/default-page.psml, adding a simple portlet with a
clear portlet decorator
Its going to take a bit of learning and work to get this working.
Also make sure that your portlet supports the required mime type text/
vnd.wap.wml
If this content type is not provided in Jetspeed's seed data, it will
need to be added as well