From "Aaron Evans" <aaronmev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying the Jetspeed Desktop
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:10:54 GMT
I've been using dojo for a while now. In fact, I think it was a
posting from Scott that got me on to it!

We're using a custom build for it so I am not sure that I'll be able
to easily merge my build with the one that is used for desktop, but I
haven't tried.

I hear all those frustrations with dojo, but they claim they're going
to address a bunch of them and finally release a 1.0 soon.  In any
event, if you guys ultimately decide to switch I don't think it would
really matter to me in the long run.

My biggest problem has been with widgets.  At this point, they should
only be used sparsely because they just kill page load time if you use
a bunch of them in a page.  So I've started moving away from them and
only using them here and there.

Wrt the "re-writing" of javascript to be more like Java that Scott
mentioned, maybe Scott is right and this leads to problems. However, I
can tell you that I HATED coding javascript until I started using
dojo's packaging model.  But then again, most of my experience with
javascript was back in the days of HTML 1.0 when it really did suck.
There are a ton of things you can do now that I had no idea you could
do.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents...