From "Andrew F Hall" <afh...@circleup.com>
Subject RE: About the Desktop interface....is it slow????
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:16:11 GMT
Let's be fair.  Jetspeed is an open source infrastructure project.  It
provides, free of change, 85% of the work.  It is up to each implementer
to take the infrastructure and develop, modify, and customize to their
particular needs.

Need it to be faster?  Ok - dojo is open source - find the areas that
require optimization and modify.

Need a different interface?  Hire a web designer to develop your
particular look and feel and the integrate the changes.

Missing functionality?  Grab an open source project that provides it and
link it in.

This open source - not a "Netvibes in a box".  My guess is Netvibes has
spent a ton of money to get where they are.  Jetspeed gets you pretty
darn close for nothing.

Andrew Hall
CircleUp
5120 West Goldleaf Circle, St 140