From "Team Vit" <team....@gmail.com>
Subject About the Desktop interface....is it slow????
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:57:40 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am a developer who has just started working with Jetspeed Portal. I chose
Jetspeed as my target portal some 6 months ago,
mainly because of the tremendous support that we get from this mailing list
and the fact that the new ajax interface was under development.
I was hoping that Ajax interface would basically prove what an slick user
interface would be like
Fast ,
Quick Response
Very Intuitive for the user to use.
I was hoping for an interface which would be as slick as that of
netvibes.com. ( Agreed that initial loading time is bit long but
subsequently it is very intuitive)

I installed the new Jetspeed 2.1 Minimal Installer) ..and then tried to use
the desktop . Unfortunately my experience with it was not really nice.
i found that desktop was slow , reloaded the page on clicking of the tabs,
and was not very slick.....maybe it was using a lot of dojo widgets ...not
really sure

I think i might be missing something really significant here, but is it the
way this is supposed to work??????
Isnt it possible to have a desktop which feels light. and has features of
netvibes and start.com etc

Regards,
Team Vit