From Mikko Wuokko <mikko.wuo...@evtek.fi>
Subject Re: About the Desktop interface....is it slow????
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 07:26:43 GMT
Hi.

I just had thinked quite the same. Fragment refreshing would be a nice
to have. I came with an idea yesterday concerning this.

What if Jetspeed would provide an AJAX api which would render a fragment
by its id, whether it is a portlet or layout fragment wouldn't matter,
both would be rendered as it should. So the API would return instead of
the XML data the API now produces, the actual content, the html, of a
portlet (or page), and then that new content could be used to replace
the content of an existing fragment with the same id. The replacing
shouldn't be too hard, or am I wrong?

I'm not really familiar how the aggregrator works, but was going get
digging into it. Eould some thing like this fragment rendering be possible?

Regards,

Mikko