From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: trunk build error
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:14:57 GMT
Hi Ate, Hi Vangelism,

We've had several threads concerning errors related to
MojoFailureExceptionDiagnoser.
And everytime it was a repository issue or an error in the Ant script.
A repository issue usually comes down to one of these,

1. Poms referencing none existing dependencies and their poms.
2. Repositories missing required poms or dependencies

On 3/13/07, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
> Evangelos Vlachogiannis wrote:
> > I have tried also with maven 1.0.4 and jdk 1.5
> >
> > Here is the line 70 of build.xml
> >        <dependencies filesetId="portal.resources.dependencies.id"
> > useScope="runtime">
> >            <dependency groupId="${org.apache.jetspeed.groupid}"
> >                        artifactId="portal-archetype-resources"
> >                        version="${org.apache.jetspeed.version}"/>
> >        </dependencies>
> >
> > and here is the DEBUG trace:
> >
> <snip/>
> >
> > I think the interesting part here is:
> > at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknwnElement.java:275)
> >
> > Does this relates with my ANT version? What ANT ver do you use?
> I'm also using ant 1.6.5.
>
> > Any other ideas pls?

If I get a full build working I will post my repository. At the moment both,

http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven2/repository.zip
AND
http://people.apache.org/~pmd/repository.zip

are rather outdated.

Philip

> I'm running now out of ideas, sorry :(
> This really looks like a weird (config) problem to me.
> The error seem to occur from within the maven-ant integration part but I have no clue
whatsoever what might be causing it.
> Short of trying to debug this (yuk) I can only come up with the suggestion to try to
build Jetspeed on a different machine.
> If that succeeds, you at least know the problem must be caused by some environment/config
issue...

> Ate
>

> > thnx a lot,
> > Vangelis

> >> I haven't even installed that myself and I have not heart anyone using
> >> it yet to build jetspeed.
> >> But it is supposed to be backwards compatible, so I would't expect it
> >> causing something like this.
> >> Note: I've build all the bridges and jetspeed-2 artifacts provided at
> >> bluesunrise repository with jdk 1.4.2.

> >> Ah, all of us still are using 2.0.4.
> >> Don't know about this one, but I guess it might be worth trying it out
> >> with 2.0.4 yourself.

> >> The interesting part is what java call is executed on line 70 in this
> >> build.xml
> >> If the problem persists after you tried out maven 2.0.4, try to find
> >> out the real cause by running mvn with option -e (or even -X)

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62