From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: j2-admin user
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:44:24 GMT
On 2/6/07, Timony, Michael <Michael.Timony@fmr.com> wrote:
> Trying to start a custom Portal on Tomcat with an Oracle DB, and it fails complaining
about j2admin? This is based on Monday's build. See the attached file for the full output.

> INFO: Loading web.xml....j2-admin
>  INFO: Registered the portlet application j2-admin
>  INFO: Registered the portlet application in the search engine... j2-admin
> ERROR: Error granting default permissions for j2-admin
> org.apache.jetspeed.security.SecurityException: The role user does not exist.

This indicates to me that the database did not populate correctly.
Check in your build output if there isn't a class not found exception.

Set the following properties in ~/.m2/settings.xml

				<org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.drivers.path>${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home}/shared/lib/ojdbc14.jar</org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.drivers.path>

				<org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path>${org.apache.jetspeed.server.home}/shared/lib/ojdbc14.jar</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path>

And be sure to activate this profile.

<activeProfile>jetspeed-db-drivers-path</activeProfile>

Philip

>         at org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.RoleManagerImpl.getRole(RoleManager
> Impl.java:214)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.grantDe
> faultPermissions(PortletApplicationManager.java:679)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.registe
> rPortletApplication(PortletApplicationManager.java:357)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.startPA
> (PortletApplicationManager.java:471)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.startPA
> (PortletApplicationManager.java:408)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.startPo
> rtletApplication(PortletApplicationManager.java:175)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.attemptStart(J
> etspeedContainerServlet.java:173)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.access$200(Jet
> speedContainerServlet.java:56)
>         at org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet$1.run(Jetspeed
> ContainerServlet.java:144)
>         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>

> Mick Timony

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02