From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Improved Web Content Portlet
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:38:09 GMT

On Feb 19, 2007, at 4:21 PM, dee factorial wrote:

> Currently the webcontent portlet does not support css.
> I was thinking that one way to implement css would be to create a css
> rewriter that downloaded the css files and created html rewrite tag
> rules
> from the css file.
> I have browsed through the rewrite source code to try and get a
> handle on
> what its doing.
> I found the default-rewriter-rules.xml and rewriter-rules-mapping.xml
> and I found the java files under components/rewriter
> I also found this article that might help in defining what is
> needed to be
> done.
> http://www.phptr.com/articles/article.asp?p=29294&seqNum=12&rl=1
>
> please correct me on my terminology and my implementation strategy.
>
> Dominique

I think the CSS could be added to the Header phase of the portlet
Take a look at the AbstractDojoVelocityPortlet.java, and the doHeader
method
You would need to change the WebContentPortlet to support the header
phase, and write out the CSS content at this point
At least that is the general high level plan i had in mind...