From "Vitaly Baranovsky" <vitaly.baranovsk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: release preparation and JIRA, next release version
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:17:39 GMT
 There is a problem with the compatibility between version 2.1 and version
2.0.

"Edit" mode in version 2.0 works like "edit_defaults" custom portlet mode.
So, people with Jetspeed 2.0 have important use case: the admin configures
portlets on public portal pages for all users (include guests). But Jetspeed
2.1 has user specific preferences.

So, when company changes its site from Jetspeed 2.0 to Jetspeed 2.1, all
portlets will be with empty preferences (for all users and guests).

So, what can company do with site written with Jetspeed 2.0 to succesfully
migrate to Jetspeed 2.1?