From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: it fails in the seed data
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:01:41 GMT
Hi, This wasn't the only issue.

On 1/18/07, Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.donaghy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've resolved this, yet another maven dependency problem.
>
> I built the jetspeed cm separately,
>
> cd components/cm
> mvn
>
> Which resolved all the dependencies required by etc/build.xml line 483.
>
> Perhaps the Serialization is being done before the required
> dependencies are built.
>
> I usually delete my maven 2 repository before building to see if there
> are dependency problems with the build.
>
> Philip

The maven repositories are missing the jdo jars (this may be a license issue).

And the build is looking for xalan 2.4 and hsqldb 1.8.0.2 which are
also missing.

Aside from that aligning dependencies wouldn't hurt. There are
multiple duplicates of minor versions which could perhapse be
elimiated. For example,

/home/phil/.m2/repository/ant/ant:
1.6.2
1.6.5

/home/phil/.m2/repository/avalon-framework/avalon-framework:
4.1.3
4.1.4

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils:
1.6
1.7.0

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-collections/commons-collections:
2.0
2.1
3.0
3.1

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-digester/commons-digester:
1.5
1.6
1.7

/home/phil/.m2/repository/commons-logging/commons-logging:
1.0
1.0.3
1.0.4
1.1

/home/phil/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/maven:
2.0
2.0.1
2.0.2
2.0.3

/home/phil/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils:
1.0.4  1.0.5  1.1  1.2

/home/phil/.m2/repository/oro/oro:
2.0.7  2.0.8

/home/phil/.m2/repository/xerces/xerces:
2.0.2  2.2.1  2.4.0

/home/phil/.m2/repository/xerces/xercesImpl:
2.0.2  2.2.1  2.3.0  2.4.0  2.6.2  2.7.1

I'm am being old school but I propose that we provide a maven 2
repository download. So that the build can be effectively run offline.
I don't know what people think but if you strip out the jetspeed stuff
the repository its 51M. If we eliminate the duplicates it would be
around 25M.

Comparing downloading 25M with all the wasted maven builds that end in
FAILURE and we will be still be positive and respectful of bandwidth.

Philip

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy