From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pleas, how to build / deploy JS2 using Maven2
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:17:53 GMT
Javier,

When I was in your position a year ago I wrote
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/QuickstartForTheImpatient
It's still valid today. I aggree with you on the getting started doc.
Though, it covers things in more detail. It's a real mouthful and a
simpler guide would make things easier for new comers like yourself.
If David agrees I'll convert the wiki doc into a build doc.

Once you get your feet wet we look forward to your help with the project.

Philip

On 1/11/07, Javier padrón <jpadron@nartexsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Pleas, somebody can say to me as it is the best option to build/to install JS2?...  I
have been 5 days trying it :( .

> I have tried it all already.
>
> 1) Download the binary version and I installed it without problems, but he is something
obsolete, when trying to integrate with LDAP, by the sight lack classes

> org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.RoleSecurityHandler
> org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.LdapRoleSecurityHandler
>
> they do not exist in the file to jetspeed-security-2.0.jar.
>
> The best way thing according to I have read, is to download the last version of apache
repositorty svn.

> 2) Download complete version from repository, but profit not to do deploy in tomcat.
I have configure the files correctly.

> In the pages of Apache, it says that
>
> CD ${org.apache.jetspeed.project.home}
> maven initMavenPlugin
> maven allClean allBuild...
>
> This is maven 1.x.. I have installed maven1.x and when doing everything what says in
(http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-source.html), the references that download
is ' - 2.0.jar' and not ' - 2.1-dev.jar'.

> With Maven2 that is exactly what I have had to do for being able for buid and deploy
of JS2?

> mvn - P tomcat? , it is that in a site they say a thing, in another other...
>
> I have been years working with java, and the installation and configuration of JS2 it
seems to me of most absurd, the binary installer has more than 1 year without updating, the
documentation to compile the code refers maven1.x, when the JS2 require mavaen2, is no a clear
guide of like making this style 1) TODO A, 2) TODO B, 3) TODO C...

> It seems to me of crazy people the philosophy and complexity of the installation and
pathetic documentation, brutally obsolete.

> It would be thankful to that it can indicate the steps to me to follow to construct to
the source code of JS2, with maven2, or a URL to some web page one where it is best explained.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy