From "Steve Milek" <s.mi...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Customizer UI
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:06:05 GMT
Philip Mark Donaghy wrote:

> Also, we have not agreed upon using Dojo in the /portal customizer,
> currently its all non-dojo customization. I would like to propose that
> we replace the default customizer in /portal mode with the same
> customizer that is used in /desktop mode.
>
> Steve, do you think this is possible?

The plan has been for the new /desktop customizer to also function as the
default /portal customizer. Once the /desktop customizer is mature enough we
plan to make the switch.

> I've looked at the dojo widgets and I think the TitlePane would be a good
> way for users to distinguish nested layouts from one another (at least in
> the /portal/ context). A TitlePane that hides all the content of each
> layout
> including portlets, nested layouts, and the Layout Configuration tool.
>
> The + (add portlet icon) should be moved to the Layout Configuration tool.

In /desktop customizer, the add portlet button (+) is supposed to be in each
layout pane. This just hasn't happened yet...

and I also like the idea of having a way to hide the children of a layout
fragment.

Steve