From Javier padrón <jpad...@nartexsoft.com>
Subject Pleas, how to build / deploy JS2 using Maven2
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:12:11 GMT
Hello

Pleas, somebody can say to me as it is the best option to build/to install JS2?...  I have
been 5 days trying it :( .

I have tried it all already.

1) Download the binary version and I installed it without problems, but he is something obsolete,
when trying to integrate with LDAP, by the sight lack classes

org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.RoleSecurityHandler
org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.LdapRoleSecurityHandler

they do not exist in the file to jetspeed-security-2.0.jar.

The best way thing according to I have read, is to download the last version of apache repositorty
svn.

2) Download complete version from repository, but profit not to do deploy in tomcat. I have
configure the files correctly.

In the pages of Apache, it says that

CD ${org.apache.jetspeed.project.home}
maven initMavenPlugin
maven allClean allBuild...

This is maven 1.x.. I have installed maven1.x and when doing everything what says in (http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started-source.html),
the references that download is ' - 2.0.jar' and not ' - 2.1-dev.jar'.

With Maven2 that is exactly what I have had to do for being able for buid and deploy of JS2?

mvn - P tomcat? , it is that in a site they say a thing, in another other...

I have been years working with java, and the installation and configuration of JS2 it seems
to me of most absurd, the binary installer has more than 1 year without updating, the documentation
to compile the code refers maven1.x, when the JS2 require mavaen2, is no a clear guide of
like making this style 1) TODO A, 2) TODO B, 3) TODO C...

It seems to me of crazy people the philosophy and complexity of the installation and pathetic
documentation, brutally obsolete.

It would be thankful to that it can indicate the steps to me to follow to construct to the
source code of JS2, with maven2, or a URL to some web page one where it is best explained.

Thanks!

Javier Padrón
<http://www.nartexsoft.com/>