From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject 2.1 un-official pre-release
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:39:57 GMT
First I want to apologize for all the pain many of you have experienced
with the Jetspeed build process, and our well-intentioned documentation.
Reading through Javier's comments on the dev-list was a wake-up call.
(Yes, I can be a extremely dense heads down developer at times)

Im not sure which build causes more pain, Maven-1 or Maven-2, we have
complete builds for both (just to confuse and punish you more) and
considering that there hasn't been a release for over 1 year, I figured
a pre-release of 2.1 could help the initial experience.

Both a 2.1 UNOFFICIAL PRE-RELEASE of the Derby and Multi-DB installers
can be found here:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven/org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2/dist/

The Derby installer comes preconfigured with an embedded Derby database.
The Multi DB installer allows you to chose a database.

I did not put the releases on an Apache server since they are not
official releases. I hope I am not breaking any rules by doing this.
I plan to update the pre-releases once per week up until the final release.

These installers are a bit fat (81 MB each)
We are working on a diet program for the final release (due out in the
end of February) to cut it down by as much as 60-75% if things go as planned

Note the installers run Tomcat 5.5.20, requiring Java 1.5