From "Mark McCullough" <bustedmag...@gmail.com>
Subject Password Question
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:54:28 GMT
I'm creating a class to plug in to an external web application that allows
users from the external web app to modify the passwords in the jetspeed
database. I ran a test and the passwords are properly being encoded using
SHA-1 and Base64.
The problem is when I update the new password in the jetspeed database and
user logs in, authentication fails. I then go into the database browser and
the password was changed back to its previous value before I ran the update
from the external web app.
The only way I've been able to prevent this from happening is to delete the
'tomcat/work' folder before logging in with the new password. Is there some
way I can prevent this? Thanks.