From "Michael Boss" <baron.muenhau...@googlemail.com>
Subject LDAP servers connection and syndication of user information through LDAP for SSO mechanism
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:43:03 GMT
Hi All,

1) I should connect LDAP-Servers to Jetspeed2. Besides a quantity
LDAP-Servers can be unlimited. Is this possibility into Jetspeed2
(unlimited quantity LDAP-Servers)?

2) The identification of users in a portal must not be made through
these LDAP servers. I.e. users are stored in a database of the portal
and identified by means of a database. Since my portal includes
services from other portals I should make SSO mechanism. To each user
of portal is compared the ID of user from LDAP servers. When the user
login on my portal there is its identification on means of a database
of my portal. Further we find the given user in LDAP Servers a foreign
portal, we receive its login and the password. With these data the
user automatically passes identification and authorization on service
of a foreign portal which includes my portal. Is there already
standard mechanism in Jetspeed2 and how it to take advantage? Are
there any ideas how it to make?

Many thanks