From "Langley, John" <langl...@telcordia.com>
Subject JSP vs. Velocity?
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:45:11 GMT
Although the docs on the website suggest that JSP pages could be used as templates for Jetspeed
layout... has anyone tried this? Is it really practical?

It appears that psml (which as I currently understand is intimately related to velocity, but
then I haven't poked around too much) would be lost, which means you'd lose the current customizer
functionality, etc. Right?

I'm just trying to get a handle on how big a job it might be to do an alternative layout scheme
and what would have to be "re-coded".

Naturally my problem is the additional effort related to learning Velocity, etc. when what
I really want to do is work with JSF/JSP and a Portal and not get hung up in things like "Where
is $site.getMenu() defined and why I find it?"

Thanks in advance for any insights people can provide.

Langley