From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Question about login
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:57:14 GMT
Mark McCullough wrote:
> I'm using Jetspeed2M3 and I'm trying to figure out how to redirect a user to
> another portlet after login. Currently, when a user logs in, the user stays
> on the current login portlet and then must navigate from 'Welcome.psml' to
> 'Home.psml'. How can I modify the login so that the authenticated user
> automatically goes to 'Home.psml'?
>
> I see a file in jetspeed called LogInRedirector that I've played with, but
> it doesn't seem to respond.
>
> I've also tried modifying Login.jsp in the security webapp. I'm wondering if
> there is a properties file somewhere that would take care of this.

Jetspeed authenticates using a process call 'active authentication',
involving a number of redirects. You can set the destination of the
redirects with the org.apache.jetspeed.login.destination request attribute

If you want to use container managed security, you can bypass the active
authentication process, try the PortalLoginPortlet

Or for a simple solution, try setting your default-page in your root
folder.metadata to be Home.psml

<default-page>Home.psml</default-page>