From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed 2 with LDAP
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 21:38:37 GMT
Aaron Evans wrote:
> AFAIK, the default implementation only implements the Authentication
> SPI components (UserSecurityHandler, CredentialHandler), *not* the
> Authorization SPI components (RoleSecurityHandler,
> GroupSecurityHandler, SecurityMappingHandler).  This is of course
> unless someone has implemented them since.

Take a look at Mike Long's contributions.
He wrote an LDAP DAO layer as well as an LdapRoleSecurityHandler and
LdapGroupSecurityHandler

I have not tested it out, not sure if its ready

> So when you use it in that capacity, your usernames and passwords
> would be stored in LDAP, but the role and group associations would be
> stored in jetspeeds database.
>
> I have implemented all of the ATN and ATZ SPI components to connect to
> my OpenLDAP custom schema.   It is not that difficult if you follow
> the default components as an example.
>
> Unfortunately, in order to get these  components built quickly, I used
> my own proprietary data access layer API instead of spring DAO.

Mike's implementation is all configured with Spring

> I would very much like to learn spring DAO at some point and retro-fit
> these to use spring DAO and then donate the code but unfortunatley my
> company is the eternal whip cracker and I have no time to do this
> right now.  That and my wife and I are preparing for a baby.  Hey,
> maybe during my pat leave! Now there's an idea!
>
> Also, i was thinking that I might try my hand at authoring a "Guide to
> implementing custom ATN/ATZ components".   It really isn't that
> difficult if you follow the default implementations as a guide, but I
> think a document around this would reassure people...

Finding the time to write documentation is the difficult part.
Documentation is always welcome, and now you have perfect opportunity ;)