From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed 2 with LDAP
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:38:27 GMT
Brice Lambi wrote:
> What do I need to do to populate the roles, groups and permissions?  The
> sample ldif file in the ldap doc only adds one admin user.  I've tried
> cloning what is in the default jetspeed install by making a admin, user and
> manager role.  This didn't seem to work for me.  There are a couple of docs
> that give tutorials on how to set up the Apache DS, but it looks like that
> server has been down for some time.
>
> How does the role name need to be configured?  In the jetspeed.schema file
> distributed with the source, a jetspeed-role requires a uid.  Is the uid
> the
> name of the role?  I would be happy to document this process once I get
> this
> all figured out.
>
> Thanks,
> Brice

I haven't tried integrating roles into LDAP
The example we provide only populates the one user, and then allows you
to login over LDAP. Im sure you can populate the roles and groups as
well, I've just never tried it. I would follow the same pattern as for
users, where  the uid is set to the username, do the same for roles