From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to deploy war/ear file
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 18:54:12 GMT
Hi Chandra,

If it is a JSR-168 war then put it right into Tomcat/webapps/WEB-INF/deploy.

If it has struts or jsf then you have to build it with a bridge.

Modifications to existing portlets distributed with J2 are best
modified in the J2 source tree and then you can recompile package and
deploy using 'maven -o allBuild' 'maven -o j2:quickStart'

Phil

On 5/5/06, chandra sekhar <leo12_chandu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Group,
>   I am using Jetspeed-2 (source) with Apache Tomcat 5.5.17. I have a WAR/EAR of an application.
I am wondering how i can deploy that war/ear in to Jetspeed. Is it enough to just copy it
into the Tomcat/webapps/WEB-INF or do i need to first deploy it somewhere in the jetspeed_src
directory and then run "maven allClean allBuild" and then follow all the instructions again.
Please let me know how i will be able to run the war/ear as a portlet.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy