From Eivinn Hustveit <eiv...@fortiden.com>
Subject Jetspeed2 LDAP
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 15:41:50 GMT
Hi,

We are currently trying to merge our Jetspeed2-M3 server over to
Jetspeed2.0-Final and OpenLDAP. Currently we have gotten Jetspeed to
use user authentication through LDAP.

Our steps to get so far was installing Jetspeed2 with the installer.
Fixing up jetspeed.war from that server to include LDAP specific
assembly files and deploying on our linux server.

The latest advancement is adding LdapGroupSecurityHandler to security-
spi-atz.xml but this is somewhat unsuccessful. When using Group
Manager to add a new group I get the exception:
-----
javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 65
- object class 'jetspeed-2-group' requires attribute 'uniqueMember'];
remaining name 'uid=ldap_eivinn,ou=groups'
-----

I have also been reading up on the LDAP threads from 3rd of February
which seem to conclude that by using the Jetspeed source we could get
full LDAP support. Is this correct? Will the
LdapSecurityMappingHandler etc be used with LDAP for groups, roles,
and encrypted user authentication if I build Jetspeed from source?
Are there any steps to produce the same result with a patch?

Sincerely

Eivinn Hustveit
System Manager
http://www.mobiletech.no