From Jian Liao <jian.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: minimal maven2 build ready to test
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 06:04:05 GMT
Sorry for the delay.
After a painful debug, I found the reason.
This issue is caused by

1. I did not place my setting.xml in %user.home%/.m2/ or %user.home%/.ant/,
I used the default setting.xml which is in the Maven2/conf/.

2. My repository is not in the default place(%user.home%/.m2/repository), I
defined it in my setting.xml.

The Dependencies Task will try to location my setting.xml from
%user.home%/.m2/ and %user.home%/.ant/, if it can't find it, it will just
use %user.home%/.m2/repository as the repository path. I don't know why it
do not try location my setting.xml from %MAVEN2_HOME%/conf/.

Read the code here<http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/tags/maven-artifact-ant-2.0.1/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/ant/AbstractArtifactTask.java?view=markup>line
165 - 211.

The workaround is to place a copy of my setting.xml to %user.home%/.m2/
folder.

Now all the m2 build run successfully on my env.

thanks,
- Jian Liao

On 2/16/06, Randy Watler <watler@wispertel.net> wrote:

> Jian,
>
> Is this the first time you have run the 'tomcat' profile, or is this new
> behavior that has suddenly appeared?

No, this is not my first time to encounter this. All the other m2 target run
successfully except this one.

It looks like the maven and ant tasks versions might be out of date. We
> need to see what version of the maven ant tasks you actually got out of
> the repository.

Randy