From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] J2 Bulid: Ant vs. Maven
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 04:40:56 GMT
+1 maven2

I believe many of the problems encountered in the m2 conversion are
likely to be due to bad project structure or abuse of maven1
features.  I've pretty much always found that when something is hard
in maven it means there's a better way to set up the project.  I
think there are enormous problems in j2 with excess uncontrolled
external dependencies and I think these problems, difficult to deal
with in maven, will become completely untractable  in ant.   I would
prefer to spend some time working on the m2 build so it works
reliably.  I'm really unlikely to spend any time on any structural
improvements if there is an ant build.

I hope this does not appear too negative but I feel really strongly
about this.

thanks
david jencks