From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] J2 Bulid: Ant vs. Maven
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:23:27 GMT
Ive invested time in Maven-2, not near as much as Randy though
He has really invested a lot of time and I think we need to consider his
opinion above all us, since he experienced building Jetspeed + maven

I have travelled all over the world teaching people Jetspeed, and time
and time again, I feel like Im spending way too much time debugging
Maven and plugin problems and teaching people Maven and trying to
explain why they need Maven. Im seeing that people really want:

1. simple builds they can understand. they understand Ant
2. complete eclipse integration a must
    this means unit tests must work in eclipse
    this means that the entire project can easily drop in and build in
eclipse
3. continuous builds. many big companies use cruise control + ant as a
standard. bringing in maven is a hard sell these days. not sure how to
get around that

I think its time we listen to our community of users and stop trying to
force something on them that they are not asking for. Maybe we should
ask this question on jetspeed-user list