From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [vote] propose a new committer - David Jencks
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:32:23 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Many thanks to all of you,  I look forward to working with everyone!
>
> Where is the IRC channel :-) ?  I definitely agree with Raphael that
> voting and design discussion needs to be on the dev list but  sometimes
> I have quick questions :-)

This is beginning to sound like Im proposing doing all voting on IRC, or
that I advocate using IRC over the mailing list, or implying further,
that I prefer to do communications in private and not in public on the
list. I am not and I do not. Reread my message, I was simply trying to
explain the Apache procedures to Randy, and in doing so, found that
there is no written law saying voting must occur on the mailing list.

Was simply stating that from my interpretation, we are not restricted to
voting on the mailing list. For example, I've been to Apache Members
meetings at ApacheCon, where we voted in the old-fashioned ye or ne town
hall commons approach. Of course, the entire result of the meeting is
available in online format.

irc.codehaus.org #6667