From "Davy De Waele" <sebu...@pandora.be>
Subject RE: LDAP in Jetspeed-2.0
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:23:53 GMT
Roger,

Yes they are ... there is also support for LDAP authorization as well.
(Allowing you to store groups/role in the LDAP and manage user
membership to them)

The basic steps to configure jetspeed for ldap are outlined on the
jetspeed website (Security - Authentication - LDAP).

There are 2 files you'll need to place in the jetspeed\WEB-INF\assembly
directory. (and 1 file you'll need to remove). Everything is in head.

The ldap implementation is encapsulated in the jetspeed-security library
(jetspeed-security-2.x.jar.)

Are you comfortable building jetspeed from source? If not, you could
just upgrade your jetspeed-security-2.0.jar.

Unfortunately it's 2:23am over here and I have to get an early start
tomorrow so its goodnight for me for now.

I've included the jetspeed.schema file that I used on my OpenLDAP.

If you have any problems setting it up please let me know

Greetings,

Davy