From "Davy De Waele" <sebu...@pandora.be>
Subject RE: FW: Jetspeed LDAP connectivity
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:41:45 GMT
David,

> - We need to wrap up the RoleSecurityHandler
> implementation as well as the user/role/group mapping
> for LDAP.  Your suggestion to leverage uniqueMember,
> or memberOf is definitely a possibility.

I've got a basic implementation here locally that implements this (still
using the j2-group and j2-role attributes). I would like to see if I
have some time this weekend to setup a real build environment (including
maven). Before sending in a patch, I would like to write more unit tests
as it will give me a better feel of the code base. I'll let you know how
this progresses.

> - We need to support Sun LDAP for authentication.

That shouldn't be too difficult. I noticed a CredentialPasswordEncoder
somewhere in the config file but haven't had the change to look into it.
We just need to make sure that we can plug in different
encoders/decoders for various LDAP servers.

> Regarding your general questions, around extended LDAP support in J2,
> I think it is reasonable to say that we would like to improve it based

> on the community needs and feedback.  So your email helps out greatly
> there.

Glad to be of service.

> Also, we are always looking for good patches ;)

I'll see what I can do this weekend ... The project that I'm currently
involved in goes into production on Monday and still needs some
preparation so that will take up some of my free time. Can't make any
promises now :)

Greetings,

Davy