From "Alexander Buloichik" <Alexander_Buloic...@epam.com>
Subject Jetspeed-2 setup
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:33:55 GMT
Hi, All !

I'm trying to setup jetspeed-2 in my computer.
I runned :

maven initMavenPlugin
maven allClean allBuild
maven j2:start.production.server
maven j2:quickStart

After that I connected to http://localhost:8080/jetspeed and can see nice portal.

I created my own simple portlet, pack it to .war, and move to jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy directory.
Jetspeed load it and unpack application. When I logged as admin, I can see my application
and porlet in the "Administration portlet". It's fine.

After that I want to display my portlet in the portal. I edit jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml,
and changed pam::LocaleSelector to my own application::potlet. After that I restarted tomcat.

When I try to open portal in browser, I can't see "Welcome to Jetspeed 2" tab, but see only
"RSS Demo" tab. I can't see any exceptions in the logs except errors about RSS tried to connect
to own site. I edit jetspeed/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml, and changed my own application::portlet
to pam::LocaleSelector for restore previous state. After restart tomcat I see the same problem
- I can't see "Welcome to Jetspeed 2" tab, but see only "RSS Demo" tab.

BTW, I see link to pdf documentation on the top of http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/ page,
but there is no pdf file. Where I can find full documentation about jetspeed-2 ?

WBR, Alex.