From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Ajax
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 15:50:17 GMT
Christophe Lombart wrote:
> On 11/28/05, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>
>>Here we configure the security constraint or RBAC
>>I think I may simply go with RBAC for now
>>Let me know what you think, I should be able to get this into the Ajax
>>Pipeline today
>>

> RBAC is also ok for me. In your example,  what kind of component is
> AjaxGetRoles ? is it a simple portal service ?

No, although arguably it could be.
Instead we have Ajax Actions and Builders:

public class AddGetRoles
     implements AjaxAction, AjaxBuilder

working very much like a portlet, in that its two-phase.
First phase is the action, second phase is the builder, building the
Ajax XML response.

> I like the solution #1 but I expect to write more javascript no ?
> Solution #2 avoid to write a lot of java script. A simple ajax respond
> with Rico can be (to update a group listbox) :
>
> <ajax-response>
> 	<response type="element" id="group">
> 		    <option value="g1">
> 					Group1
> 		    </option>
> 		    <option value="g2">
> 					Group2
> 		    </option>
> 	</response>
>
> </ajax-response>
>
> But I'm ok the solution #1 is better in point of view design. Do you
> make a choice for an ajax framework ?

I think you can use either way with this Ajax framework.
As long as there is some way to know the content type of the response

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software