From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:08:56 GMT
On 11/28/05, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> Here we configure the security constraint or RBAC
> I think I may simply go with RBAC for now
> Let me know what you think, I should be able to get this into the Ajax
> Pipeline today

RBAC is also ok for me. In your example,  what kind of component is
AjaxGetRoles ? is it a simple portal service ?

> > I'm making a prototype in Graffito with Rico and the ajax services.
> > I'm wondering what is the best approach to return the desired
> > information to update in my browser. I see 2 possibilities :
> > 1. Use an xml file like  portlet_apps.ajax which required more javascripts.
> > 2. Use an xml containing the html element reference to update (method
> > suggested by Rico).
> >
> > When using Rico or such ajax framework, is it make sense to use the
> > second solution ?
> > If not, are there some javascript to update the html element with the
> > xml data ?
> >

> My approach has been #1, since XML gives us a clean separation between
> content and markup. Its then up to the script to format the result.
> Im not sure if I actually understand #2

I like the solution #1 but I expect to write more javascript no ?
Solution #2 avoid to write a lot of java script. A simple ajax respond
with Rico can be (to update a group listbox) :

<ajax-response>
	<response type="element" id="group">
		    <option value="g1">
					Group1
		    </option>
		    <option value="g2">
					Group2
		    </option>
	</response>

</ajax-response>

But I'm ok the solution #1 is better in point of view design. Do you
make a choice for an ajax framework ?

Thanks,
Christophe