From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:28:43 GMT
David,

If I understand correctly, The ajax service gives the possibility to
call some portal services from ajax client. What about the security ?
Eg. I would like to get groups, users and roles to populate tree view
or list boxs. How to secure this kind of call ?

I'm making a prototype in Graffito with Rico and the ajax services.
I'm wondering what is the best approach to return the desired
information to update in my browser. I see 2 possibilities :
1. Use an xml file like  portlet_apps.ajax which required more javascripts.
2. Use an xml containing the html element reference to update (method
suggested by Rico).

When using Rico or such ajax framework, is it make sense to use the
second solution ?
If not, are there some javascript to update the html element with the
xml data ?

Last question : is it possible to call some portlet actions with ajax
? is it make sense to doing that ?

Kind regards,
Christophe