From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject [J2] PROPOSAL: Locking down on 2.0-FINAL tasks
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:59:07 GMT
We're currently working on re targeting open issues in JIRA to be included in the 2.0-FINAL
or a 2.0-POST release.
While I think we should be very restrictive what to include for 2.0-FINAL if we really will
have a chance of get it out before ApacheCON US 2005, we haven't *discussed* yet any of these...

For some of the now 2.0-POST targeted issues (also done by myself) I'm not 100% sure we should
skip them for 2.0-FINAL.
One example are the related http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-204 and
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-275 issues which concern being able to use relative
and/or secure PortletURLs.

Of course, targeting an issue for 2.0-FINAL requires someone to step up and handle it.
I for one am quite limited in my time, especially because I want portals-bridges released
too
and also need to prepare for the ApacheCON session of David Sean Taylor where I will be co-speaker.
So, while I consider the above example issues as high priority, I have re targeted them to
2.0-POST.
But maybe another committer thinks differently *and* has time to actually resolve this in
time.

What I'd like to propose is that all committers review *all* 2.0-POST targeted issues early
next week.
After that, I think we should not target any other issue for 2.0-FINAL anymore, unless it
concerns a blocking issue *and* a committer signs up for it.

Regards, Ate