From "Weaver \(EXT\), Scott" <x_wea...@ugs.com>
Subject Naming Conventions in Spring configs
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:23:20 GMT
All,

I would like to propose standardizing on a simpler/shorter naming
convention system for our Spring configs.  We current are using the FQ
class/interface for the id.  I suggest we change IDs to only use the
last segment of the name for the ID, for example:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.PortletRegistry would become
PortletRegistry.  This would make or configs much easier to read and
less prone to misspellings, etc.  To ease the transition, we could use
the existing long IDs within the "name" attribute to prevent any
breakage until we are sure all references to the beans have been
changed.

What does everyone think?

-Scott