From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New development branch
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:55:02 GMT
Randy Watler wrote:
> All,
>
> I voted +1 on this issue, but I assumed that we would not be using
> totally unqualified names... that could indeed cause integration
> problems. For example, I thought that soemthing like 'j2.page-manager'
> seemed short AND isolated to J2. Names like
> 'org.apache.jetspped.page.PageManager' are just too long. I am still +1
> provided we have a relatively unique short prefix like 'j2'.
>
> Randy
>
> David Le Strat wrote:
>
>> On simplified naming conventions in the Spring
>> configs, I am -1 as well. I agree with Ate and Keith.
>>
>> --- Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure you two are talking about the same
>>> thing here...
>>>
>>> Is bullet point 5) about the simplified naming
>>> conventions in the Spring configs?
>>> Or is Raphaël talking about the refactoring of our
>>> packages we discussed several weeks ago?
>>>
>>> For the record: I've decided I'm -1 on the
>>> simplified naming conventions in the Spring configs
>>> as it kills the namespace benefit which also has
>>> been pointed out by Keith Garry Boyce.

I was talking about package reogranisation and not really
the spring ids.

I'm personnally -0 on changing the IDs : I don't have a
strong technical reason as long as we keep namespace
separation but that would require to fix Fusion and
Graffito that both modify the sprint assembly files.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/