From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [J2] Head
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:38:49 GMT
David Le Strat wrote:
> Thanks for your response. See comments below.
>
> --- Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
>

>>David Le Strat wrote:
>>
>>>All,
>>>
>>>Before moving forward with some of my commits, I
>>>wanted to make sure i was starting with a clean
>>
>>slate.
>>
>>>I am getting the following error for the SSO
>>>component.  Which I was getting before Scott
>>
>>commit as
>>
>>>well.  As part of some of the changes I would like

>>>make.  I have upgraded Torque and OJB and the
>>
>>problem
>>
>>>is no longer (fixes cascasding delete issue).  Is
>>>anyone else having this issue?
>>
>>Yes, this is a old (and known) issue, but only with
>>Hsqldb:
>>    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-227
>>
>>Have you tested the new Torque/OJB combination with
>>other db?
>>I'd rather not see J2 suddenly break on Mysql,
>>PostgreSQL and/or Oracle...
>>Otherwise, I'd like to see this issue fixed indeed
>>;-)
>

> I will comment the test ;).  This being said, Torque
> 3.2-rc1 has a lot of fixes and we may want to consider
> upgrading to it.  Same for ojb 1.0.1 to 1.0.3.  But
> obviously I cannot test on all those DBs, so we will
> have to coordinate the effort.
Did you only need to update the dependencies?
In that case, I'm +1 on just doing that. If it doesn't work out,
we can easily go back to the current ones.
I can do the testing for Oracle here.

Is Derby already supported by this combo?
Before I went on holiday I've been playing with a handcoded
db script for Derby, but its a pain to do manually.
Once we have Derby support we would be able to replace Hsqldb
and have a proper db for demo and testing.