From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: J2 Tests Generally Failing
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:30:42 GMT
Scott T Weaver wrote:
> Randy,
>
> The only tests that have been changed are those in registry, which I
> verified were working before I committed them.
>
> Regards,
> Scott

I hope this isn't another case of SVN hell.

Comparing the portal site's project.xml SVN Resource History:

216242 7/13/05  2:08PM sweaver SRP-304...
216120 7/12/05 11:40PM rwatler merge from MENUS_BRANCH...

In 216120, the unit test resources are there in the project.xml
In 216242, the unit test resources have been removed

>>I have restored these in the portal-site and profiler projects, but now
>>the profiler is failing with another PB error:
>>
>>[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerFactory] ERROR:
>>ConfigurableFactory instantiation failed for class class
>>org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl
>>* Factory types:
>>1 - Type: org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBroker
>>* Factory arguments:
>>1 - Argument: org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl@21e554
>>
>>Perhaps this has to do with recent changes to the persistence test
>>cases? Other tests are failing too. If you get a chance, pick a test and
>>revive it please!

If I understand correctly from Scott's commits, we should no longer
extend DatasourceEnabledSpringTestCase in our test cases. We agreed that
requiring JNDI data sources for test cases was too complicated, and we
agreed to simplify it. Scott took the lead on this and changed the
registry tests to no longer extend DatasourceEnabledSpringTestCase

public class TestPortletRegistryDAO extends  TestCase

instead, during setup, we need to use the OJBHelper class

     protected void setUp() throws Exception
     {

         Map context = new HashMap();
         ojbHelper = new OJBHelper(context);
         ojbHelper.setUp();

         PersistenceBrokerPortletRegistry targetRegistry = new
PersistenceBrokerPortletRegistry("META-INF/registry_repository.xml");
         targetRegistry.init();
         this.portletRegistry = (PortletRegistry)
ojbHelper.getTxProxiedObject(targetRegistry, new
String[]{PortletRegistry.class.getName()});

		buildTestData();

     }

I hope I got that right. Scott could you please clarify and set this
straight?

I'd like to propose we should ALL make an effort NOW to get all of our
test cases running again.
Lets get 100% test case success.

--
David Sean Taylor