From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: SVN Problems (was RE: [J2] Last Night Commit - Build Still Broken - Persistence Dependency Issue)
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:55:12 GMT
Scott T Weaver wrote:
> So I'm not the only one suffering that is actually a relief (I feel like
> less of an idiot now).  Yeah, I am checking out fresh as we speak :(
>
> Can anyone help David and me by giving us a little direction on how to
> better resolve our SVN problems?  I can only speak for myself but every time
> I have sync with SVN I spend at least an hour trying to figure out what went
> wrong.  And it is not only the Eclipse plugin, TortoiseSVN and the CL
> interface are just as crappy in terms of breaking my workspace.

My experience with SVN is that its perceptually slower than CVS, no
doubt. I really miss the snappiness of CVS + Eclipse.

Did have a SVN problem yesterday, a directory was locked locally. I typed

svn cleanup

and then seemed to do the trick.

Other than that, I haven't experienced any problems recently.
Generally, I follow XP practices, and commit often and in small
increments. Perhaps due to my cautious practices, Ive been insulated
from the problems that you have experienced with SVN. I am by no means
recommending that you follow my practices. Im just trying to communicate
my experiences to help out.

One other factor may be proxy servers, as I do not have one here.

I wonder how other teams at Apache and Codehaus are doing with SVN....

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software